Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Garden Fresh Tabbouleh

The garden here is overflowing with various greens right now so I am constantly trying to come up with tasty ways to eat them. I have found this tabbouleh recipe is a great way to  use up all the parsley and mint we have growing here. Traditionally, tabbouleh uses bulgar wheat as the grain but I prefer the snap & protein pack of quinoa. I also like the idea of kicking out wheat here and there when its convenient. This nourishing side dish has a wonderful fresh flavor that makes "getting your greens in" no trouble at all.


Garden Fresh Tabbouleh

1 cup cooked quinoa (cooled)
1 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
2/3 cup fresh mint, minced
1/2 cup fresh onion, chopped
1/3 cup dice tomatoes
3 tbsp lemon juice (or more to taste)
3 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste

Mix together all ingredients together in large bowl & serve. Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated. 




3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I'll have to save this one for warmer weather :-)

    BTW-I've been a silent reader for a little while now, have enjoyed everything you've written and have decided to give you a little award. You can find it here: http://skymindedandevergrowing.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I've never made it with Quinoa but I will definitely try it. I just sprouted some parsley from seed so maybe by summer I will have enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete