Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lemon, Ginger, Mint Tummy Tonic

The last few days I have had what I can only assume is a stomach flu. The pain has kept me up at night and constant ache left me not wanting to do much during the day.
Yesterday I whipped up this delicious little tonic for some temporary relief. It's quite tasty and I would totally recommend it as a nice spring/summer drink as well as a tummy ease.

Lemon Ginger Mint Tummy Tonic:
Ingredients:
Juice of 2 lemons
3 dates
small shake of stevia (optional for extra sweetness)
peeled chunk of ginger about 1/4-1/2 inch thick (to taste)
4+ mint leafs
1+ cups of water

Throw all the ingredients in to a high powered blender and go crazy. You want this to be as well blended as possible. If you don't mind a more smoothie like consistency you can drink as is or pour through a pasta strainer or cloth straining bag and squeeze all the juice out. I drank it with all of its pulp but I think next time I'm going to strain it out.

Sip away, and relax that tummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment