Saturday, December 18, 2010

Clothing Swap Time!

About a year and a half ago, I started a group on Facebook for ladies in the Bay Area to get together every couple of months to swap clothes and share food. We are up to over 80 members and average about 20 girls per swap.
Last night I hosted my favorite swap of the year, the "December Holiday Clothing Swap and Pot Luck". Not only do we swap clothing, but also shoes, accessories, jewelry, books, and (this time of year) gift type items as well. Last nights swap was a huge success! I highly recommend starting a swap group of your own.
I personally haven't bought a stitch of clothing since I started these things and my wardrobe changes every couple of months. I love it!
My personal haul from last nights shindig was: 3 skirts, a pair of pants, 4 shirts, a sweater, 4 bras in great condition, 3 scarfs, a bracelet, and a set of sheets and pillow cases. I'm ecstatic.


These are the left overs from last nights swap. There is always tons of totally use able clothing and accessories left over. I like to find various people, charities, and shelters to donate the left overs to.


These swaps are always a win/win situation. Everyone involved gets new clothes. Money, energy and resources get saved, and needy organizations get the help they so need.

Plan a swap in your area! If you are interested in joining our bay area swap group feel free to send me an email: girlonbikestore@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment