Monday, March 1, 2010

Group hike on Mt. Tamalpais

Yesterday I went on my first meetup.com group hike. Any excuse to mingle, be outdoors, and/or have a picnic and I'm so there!
Around 50 to 60 people ended up showing for the hike. Our massive line of people wrapped around bends in the lake and confused other hikers.The forest is really beautiful and teaming with amazing plant life. I couldn't help but snap some shots of the strange mushrooms we found along the way.

Coral of the forest
Burnt marshmallow mushroom with the insides oozing out
We ate lunch on a mountain top under an old oak tree.

The view was amazing over looking the lake on one side and the Richmond bridge on the other.

I can't wait to see what other fun adventures this year has in store. Hopefully the last of the rain is over and the temperatures will start to rise because I am SO ready to do some camping and head out on some longer bike rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment