Saturday, January 9, 2010

Test Run

Last night was the opening party for the new bike friendly cafe in Oakland Actual Cafe. On my way there I got a chance to give my duct tape fix a test run and to my surprise my tire didn't blow up! It is still iffy and I don't feel 100% comfortable riding on it but its good to know it will work in a pinch.

Dan, over at bikemandan.com, gave me this genius quick fix idea:

"For sidewall holes, a dollar bill placed on the inside of the tire does the trick. The paper is very durable and its something someone would likely have on hand in the case of an emergency. Or a Benjamin if you're balla".

Thanks Dan, and thanks to everyone else who sent me ideas.

2 comments:

  1. You will have to take me there next imte I'm up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed your bike tube earrings! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete